成都

集团 北京 上海 广州 天津 深圳 南京 苏州 宁波 长沙 武汉 西安 南通 沈阳 长春 济南 青岛 昆明 重庆 加盟校区 查找更多校区>>
来环球,去全球!
400-999-7713 全国咨询热线服务
您所在的位置: 首页 > 备考指南 > 雅思备考 > 雅思口语
雅思口语

干货|那些雅思口语中的地道表达

2016-09-07

来源:环球教育

小编:环球教育 1369
摘要:

  据数据统计,大多数中国考生的雅思口语成绩偏低。而中国学生雅思口语分数低的原因主要还是缺少与考官的交流和沟通,让考官感觉不够自然,表达不地道。下面,小编就为大家带来了地道的口语表达方式,希望对大家有所帮助。

  1.I beat you to it.

  beat somebody to it:比某人抢先一步做了某事。

  I was just about to open some wine but I see you've beaten me to it.

  我刚想开瓶酒呢,看来你抢在我前头开了啊。

  2.Jimmy stood me up last night.

  stand someone up:放某人鸽子。爽约。

  He stood up his date while he played basketball with the guys.

  他因为和基友们打篮球,放了女朋友的鸽子。

  3.All I want to do is zone out in front of the TV.

  zone out:指让思想放空,对周遭事物浑然不觉。Zone是区域的意思,zone out相当于思想游离到另一个地方去了……

  At the end of a long, stressful day, all I want to do is go home and zone out in front of the television.

  经过漫长的压力山大的一天,我现在只想回家坐在电视机前发呆。

  in the zone:

  相反的,in the zone就是指精力集中,精神状态极佳,尤指运动员、表演者的表现。

  I love when I'm running on a nice day with my headphones on and I just get in the zone. I feel like I can keep running forever.

  我喜欢天气好的时候戴上耳机去跑步,感觉精神状态特别好,好像能永远跑下去。

  4.Without further ado, I would like to...

  without further ado :闲话少说;进入正题。Ado意思是忙乱、纷扰、麻烦……

  And so, without further ado, let me introduce you to tonight's speaker.

  所以,闲话少说,下面就有请今晚的演讲嘉宾。

  5.I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

  haven't seen the last of (something):某事物消失了,但你觉得它还会卷土重来,就可以用这个表达。

  We got rid of the ants in the kitchen, but I bet we haven't seen the last of them.

  我们把厨房里的蚂蚁都弄走了,不过我打赌它们还会出现的。

  这是一个比较戏剧化的说法,所以常在电视里听到。比如反派被打败了,也许会有这样的台词:

  You win this time, but you haven't seen the last of me!

  这次算你赢!但别以为我就会这么消失!灭哈哈哈……

  6.It will come to me.

  it will come to someone:会想起来的。忘了什么事的时候,可以说这句话。

  It'll come to you. The minute you stop trying to find it, it will find you.

  你会想起来的。你不去费劲去找它的时候,它就会自动出现。

  7.We went out of our way to please the visitor.

  go out of one's way:努力、费尽麻烦做某事。

  I went out of my way to make sure they were comfortable.

  我费尽心力确保他们能住得舒服。

  We appreciate anything you can do, but don't go out of your way.

  你做的一切我们都很感激,但千万别太麻烦自己。

  8.Hold on. Just hear me out first.

  hear someone out:听某人说完他想说的,或者,倾听某一方的说法。

  Let him talk! Hear him out! Listen to his side!

  让他说!听他说完!看看他怎么说!

  Hear out the witness. Don't jump to conclusions.

  我们要所有证人的证词都听一遍,不要武断下结论。

  9.So do we have an agreement?

  do we have an agreement:通常在商定一件事后说的话。对方同意了,就表示讨论的事情就这么定下了。

  也可以说:

  Do we have a deal?

  那就这么定了?

  Do we have an understanding?

  我们都很明确对方的想法对吧?

  10.Just a heads up.

  a heads up:给某人提个醒,提前告知一声。“Heads up”说法来自体育运动,在扔球前,让对方抬头,别被砸着。后来广泛用于社交场合。

  Just a heads up - we're going to have to meet soon.

  先跟你说一声,我们很快会见面的。

  I wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be sending you the revised form for your approval.

  我想提前告诉你一下,我一会儿把修改好的表格发给你审核。

  你们最爱的栏目又来了!课本上学不到的native口语第三弹!!

  11.When's it due?

  due:通常指交作业、交账单的最后期限。

  When is this paper due?

  论文要什么时候交?

  另外,如果due的对象是人,那么意思多半指预产期。

  When are you due?

  你啥时候生?

  12.Well, what's done is done!

  what's done is done:无法改变的事情,只能将就了。文绉绉一点就是,覆水难收、木已成舟。

  It's too late to change it now. What's done is done.

  现在换已经来不及啦,认了吧。

  13.Can you put me up for a few days?

  put someone up:给某人提供临时住宿。

  When my in-laws were here we put them up at the Four Seasons.

  老婆家的亲戚来的时候,我们安排他们住四季酒店了。

  14.I might take you up on that.

  take someone up on something:接受某人的邀请,或接受某人提出的建议。

  I took him up on his offer to take me out to dinner.

  他邀我约会吃饭,我答应了。

  也可以用这个表达来接受某人的打赌挑战。

  He bet me twenty bucks that I couldn't get a perfect score, and I took him up on it.

  他赌20块我考不好,我决定跟他赌一把。

首页 上一页 [1] [2]  下一页 末页

有规划 更自信

1V1免费课程规划指导